Thursday, August 5, 2010

Another Tree in the Creek...actually Cache and Copsey Creeks!

Last week, I found two trees that had fallen in the confluence of Cache and Copsey Creeks in Lower Lake, CA. Since they were still attached to my land, I thought it would be prudent to detach them before the winter rains pulled them and a portion of my land right into the water and on it's way to Yolo County!
Because they were both in deep water, I supervised from my kayak, while Stuart climbed out onto the trees and sawed. Abe held onto the trees with a miracle rope, and kept them from floating away. Quite the operation. My main role other than photography and nudging the trees with the kayak, was to haul a long long rope thru the underbrush overhanging the water, and fling it to Stuart while Abe, who was out of sight, held onto the other end. Whew! I was rewarded with a few delicious ripe blackberries.

No comments: